Thursday 23 February 2012

Taking time to be grateful

With mobile phones, constant schedules and deadlines, we often forget to take the time and just be.

To take time to breathe and to enjoy life.

To be grateful for the many things in our lives.

At the start of the year, I began a gratitude journal. Each night before bed I write down something that I have been grateful for during the day.

From something as small as being grateful for the colour green in all its shades to being grateful for all the people I can call family, my journal has helped me to truly appreciate my life.


My journal began as a way to help with my stress and to focus on the positives, a way to remind myself what is important in my life. Now I find myself looking around me all the time finding things to appreciate and be thankful for.

Today is Ash Wednesday and marks the first day of Lent. As part of my personal Lenten journey I have decided to continue my gratitude journal.

For the forty days of Lent, I shall take a photo each day of something that I am grateful for.

I really encourage you take the time each day to find something that you yourself are grateful for.

Just take a few minutes. Breathe. Enjoy life. Be thankful.

God bless xx

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tara :) It is so easy to forget how many beautiful things are in this world. xoxo

    ReplyDelete